Do you know how to pick a good SEO company?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is essential for growing your company’s online presence and using your website to generate leads. However, if you’re not sure how to do SEO yourself, it may be best to look to hire an SEO firm.
But what does a good SEO company look like? And, how do you find an SEO agency that can get you the right results?
These are great questions that many companies have when they start thinking about how to choose an SEO agency. Not all SEO companies are created equal. Simply searching for “top rated SEO agency” or “best SEO specialists” may not cut it.
Are you ready to learn how to find an SEO company that follows best practices and gets results?
In this article, we’re looking at how to find the right SEO company. As you read, you’ll learn the marks of reputable SEO companies and get an answer to, “What does good SEO look like?”
Here we go!
How to Pick a Good SEO Company: 4 Things to Look For
SEO is a popular (and necessary!) issue to tackle regarding digital marketing. For many organizations, this requires hiring outside SEO firms.
However, finding a good SEO company is critical if you want:
- More conversions
- Increased leads
- Greater ROI
So, how do you find an SEO agency that produces these results?
If you’re wondering how to find the right SEO agency, here are four characteristics of reputable SEO companies that you should look for.
1. They Avoid “Black Hat” Tactics
First, the best SEO specialists use correct SEO practices.
A few years back, many SEO firms employed tactics to outsmart Google and get quick results called “black hat” practices. These practices worked for a while, but Google became smarter and now penalizes companies that don’t follow SEO best practices.
So, what does good SEO look like?
Well, it doesn’t look like:
- Signing a company up for a backlink farm
- Keyword stuffing web pages and blogs
- Releasing low-quality or duplicate content
- Hiding keywords with invisible text
Instead, you want to find an SEO agency that knows and follows the “rules” of SEO. By taking the time to assess an agency’s practices, you can assess whether they’re a good SEO company or not.
2. They Have a Proven Keywords Process
Second, if you want to know how to choose the best SEO company, find one that has a proven keyword process.
Keywords are the main ingredient to optimized web pages and blogs. With a good keyword strategy, a company can effectively rank on the first page for hundreds of highly valuable terms. However, a poor keyword strategy will render a website nearly invisible.
Here are some questions to ask as you look for a top-rated SEO agency:
- Does the agency analyze 1,000+ keywords for industry relevance, high volume, and low difficulty?
- Do they incorporate high-quality keywords into title tags, header tags, and paragraph copy?
- Do the blogs have industry-specific keyword strategies to increase ranking and drive organic traffic?
- Have they had success helping past and present clients consistently rank on the first page of Google for relevant keywords? (You can always ask to see case studies! As we’ll talk about in point four, reputable SEO companies will be transparent with clients.)
The amount of time and energy a company spends on keyword research and strategies is an indication that they’re a good SEO company.
3. They Handle Technical On-page Optimization Issues
Additionally, a holistic SEO approach involves taking care of any technical on-page optimization (OPO) issues that arise on your website.
When it comes to technical OPO, there are three types of issues:
- Errors: These can make a webpage unindexable (invisible) and need to be addressed as quickly as possible.
- Warnings: These can have some negative consequences in the long run, but aren’t as serious as errors and don’t require immediate attention.
- Notices: These are the least serious of the three issues and can often be disregarded until errors and warnings are taken care of.
Many companies don’t place an emphasis on fixing OPO issues. They overlook them and focus solely on optimizing web pages and blogs with keywords and backlinks.
However, the best SEO specialists give equal attention to keywords and OPO issues.
4. They Communicate Openly and Honestly
Lastly, a top-rated SEO agency will be transparent and communicate openly with its clients.
An SEO initiative should be a collaborative effort between the company and the SEO firm. A good SEO company will:
- Consult with the client to ensure keywords, blogs, etc. are aligned with marketing goals
- Report on the progress of SEO initiatives regularly
- Share successes, areas for improvement, and negative outcomes
As a company hiring an SEO firm, you want to trust that the firm is doing what’s necessary to increase your online presence. After all, they are the SEO experts.
However, it’s also valuable to know what’s going on—the good and the bad. So when looking into SEO agencies, you want to find one that keeps an open dialogue with you about what’s going on.
Now that you know how to select an SEO company, are you ready to choose one and jumpstart your SEO efforts?
Start Working with a Top-rated SEO Agency Today
Investing in SEO for your organization’s website can greatly:
- Improve your online presence
- Increase your ranking and visibility on search engines
- Drive free, organic traffic to your website
But the reality is that, if you’re like other businesses, you don’t know how to do SEO yourself and could benefit from working with a good SEO company. You may also not know how to pick a good SEO agency.
If you’re looking to find an SEO agency but don’t know how to find the right SEO company, you can look for these four characteristics of reputable SEO companies:
- They avoid “black hat” tactics
- They have a proven keyword process
- They handle technical OPO issues
- They communicate openly and honestly
Want to hire an SEO agency that encompasses all of these values?
At Veivos, we specialize in developing holistic SEO strategies for clients in any industry. Our proven process is built on four pillars:
- An upfront initiative to address glaring website issues
- Analyzing 1,000+ keywords for industry relevance
- Regularly creating and releasing SEO-friendly blog posts
- Providing ongoing technical support
In addition, we use special keyword golden ratio (KGR) terms to help blogs generate more traffic and rank faster on Google’s first page. All of these initiatives allow us to consistently improve a client’s SEO in as little as three months.
Schedule a 20-minute intro call to learn more about how a holistic SEO approach can benefit your company today by working with Veivos.