What’s the best way to get on Google’s first page?
How do I make my website first on Google search?
These are easily the most important question to ask and find answers to if you want to increase your chances of connecting with customers/clients online.
Why is ranking on the first page of Google so important? Because:
- More than 70% of website traffic (some studies say as much as 90%) never leaves the first page.
- The number one spot on Google receives 33% of all clicks, with each successive spot receiving less and less traffic.
- 81% of consumers do online research before purchasing something, meaning that if your product doesn’t show up, they probably won’t consider it.
Ranking on Google’s first page is the best way to get your company and products/services in front of potential customers/clients.
So, do you want to know how to appear on the first page of Google search results?
In this article, we’re outlining how to appear first on Google. We’ll talk through the most important SEO best practices to improve your website’s ranking.
Let’s dive right in and look at how to get your website on page 1 of Google.
How Do I Get My Business on Google First Page?
When it comes to the question, “How do I get on page 1 of Google?” there are four areas you can focus on and optimize:
- Organic search
- Google My Business
- Google Job Listings
- Google Ads
Each of these four areas comes with its own SEO best practices you need to follow in order to actually see results.
Here’s a look at the four best ways to get on Google’s first page.
1. SEO and Organic Ranking
SEO (search engine optimization) is the process of incorporating keywords into web pages so that they rank organically for searches relevant to your business. It’s one of the most popular and powerful ways to rank on Google’s first page.
However, organic SEO first-page ranking isn’t always quick and easy. Instead, it takes time and strategic effort to ensure each web page and blog is fully optimized.
Unsure how to optimize web pages for organic search rankings?
Check out these SEO best practices below to ensure you’re getting the most out of your blogs and webpages
SEO Best Practices for Organic Ranking
If you want to get the most out of your website for organic searches, you’ll want to:
- Check header tag hierarchy (each page should only have one H1 tag) and incorporate keywords into header tags
- Ensure every web page has a relevant title tag and meta description
- Provide alt text for every photo on your website
- Blog regularly and consistently
- Optimize blog posts with relevant keywords
- Fix on-page optimization (OPO) errors and warnings when they arise
By following these six steps, you’ll provide your website with the best opportunity to rank on Google’s first page.
It can also be a good idea to consider partnering with an SEO agency that can help you implement SEO best practices across your entire website.
2. Google My Business
Not sure how to appear on the first page of Google search results as a local business?
The answer could be to fully optimize your Google My Business (GMB) listing.
GMB is a free service from Google that allows a business to easily promote its:
- Phone number
- Business hours
- Link to its website
- Directions to the business location
It’s also a way to showcase reviews (incredibly valuable for attracting customers) and photos.
GMB profiles (see photo below for an example) often show up in search results as well as in Google Maps searches, which is why it’s so powerful for local businesses.
The best way to ensure your GMB listing is up to snuff is to:
- Ensure your business’ name, address, and phone number (NAP) are correct
- Ask for and receive new reviews
- Post photos regularly
- Update information as soon as it changes (e.g., updating your address if you move locations)
- Getting local citations
An actively managed GMB listing gives you another opportunity to rank on Google’s first page, especially for local searches.
3. Google Job Listings
When someone searches for a job on Google, guess what shows up at the top for organic search (often above other sites like Indeed and ZipRecruiter)? The Google job posting board (see example below).
Google’s job listing board pulls in jobs from sites all over the web and promotes them at the top of the organic search results (right below Google Ads but above organic results). It’s been in the works for years now, however, Google just recently elevated it to the number one spot for job searches.
So, for anyone looking to promote jobs, getting on the Google job board is a must.
Often, the Google job board doesn’t pull in the correct job listing information or the company’s logo. There’s a specific way to tell Google about your job listing and ensure it gets onto the job board.
So, what’s the best way to get on Google’s first page for a job listing?
Getting a job listing ranking on Google’s job board correctly involves:
- Creating a careers page on your website
- Making a web page for each open position
- Download SchemaPro for WordPress
- Use the job schema plugin on each job listing to tell Google the page is a job listing
There’s some work involved in this process, but it will pay off once your company is showing up on the Google job board for related job searches.
4. Google Ads
Are you wondering, “How do I get my business on Google’s first page quickly?”
In contrast to organic ranking which takes time to yield results, you can invest in Google Ads and start ranking immediately on the top of Google’s first page.
Ads show up at the very top of Google’s first page. They’re a great way to:
- Target a specific audience
- Rank quickly on Google
- Outrank your competitors
Google Ads can also be a great initial investment for those who have seasonal offerings or are waiting for their organic SEO initiatives to start yielding results.
With Google Ads, you simply:
- Set a budget (amount to spend each day)
- Choose keywords you want to bid for
- Bid against competitors for search terms
- Pay Google every time someone clicks your ad
However, it’s important that you actively manage and optimize your Google Ads campaigns. You’ll also want to develop landing page or send users to a highly relevant page on your site when they click your ads.
A poorly managed campaign will cost you money without much ROI. But a properly optimized campaign, on the other hand, can lead to high conversion rates and increased revenue.
How to Pop Up on Google Search, Starting Today
Knowing how to appear on the first page of Google search results is the key to:
- Getting more potential customers/clients to visit your website
- Gaining more qualified sales leads
- Increasing overall revenue
The best way to get on Google’s first page is to:
- Improve your website’s SEO and boost its organic ranking
- Manage your Google My Business listing
- Get your jobs posted on Google’s job board
- Invest in optimized Google Ads campaigns
But overseeing all of these initiatives in-house can often be overwhelming and time-consuming.
If you want your digital marketing efforts to generate a high ROI, working with an experienced agency is often the way to go.
Here at Veivos, we’re digital marketing experts who specialize in website SEO and Google Ads. We take a holistic approach, ensuring that every aspect of your website, GMB listing, job postings, and/or Google Ads are fully optimized. In addition, we take time to meet with our clients every month to report on current initiatives and discuss future directions.
Digital marketing is a collaborative process, and we’re excited to work with you.
Schedule a discovery call today to learn how our services can increase your Google ranking and help you reach more customers.